Tuesday, January 06, 2004

You Never Know When Your Time Will Be Up.....

Yesterday at work as I was talking to one of the designers we heard on the radio that Dr. Dean Thomas, a pediatrician at Kauai Medical Clinic, was reported as missing. The police department was asking for anyone with information on his whereabouts or the whereabouts of his truck to please notify them.

I said "That's my sons pediatrician".

Dr. Thomas has been my sons pediatrician for the last 4 years. We don't see him that often, only when my son has an ear infection or needs a physical. Sometimes we would run into him at Wal-Mart. He was an very well liked doctor. My son especially liked him because he took the time to talk story with him.

This morning's paper had a short article about his disappearance. The last time he was seen was at church in Lihue Sunday morning.

After work today I heard on the radio that his body had been found off Kokee Road. An autopsy was going to be performed to determine his cause of death. I ran into a friend of mine at the laundromat and we were talking about him. He was also her children's pediatrician.

I'm really sad about this turn of events. I don't know the circumstances of his death and I may never know them. But I do know that Kauai has lost a very talented, respected, loved physician. It will be hard to replace him. Rest in peace Dr. Thomas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home