Sunday, December 07, 2003

I Don't Know How To Be Me...

You would think that because my son was in Honolulu for the weekend that I would be painting the town red.

But I don't know how to be single anymore. I've been a single parent for so long that when my son isn't with me I honestly don't know how to act.

From the time I got home Friday until about 3 PM today the only time I went outside was to open the front door to retrieve a package the mailman left on the doorstep.

How sad is that?

I didn't even get to the beach because the weather was so sucky all weekend. Cloudy and rainy.

And I hate doing things alone. Even on the rare occasion that I do go out I always like to be with someone when we go someplace instead of meeting them there. I have a difficult time walking into a restaurant/bar/etc. alone. I just don't feel comfortable. I'm always afraid that I'll be the first one there and will have to sit by myself until my friend(s) shows up. I just can't do it.

I wonder if there's a name for a phobia like that?

My son came home with two bronze medals he won. And he was really stoked about the Haunted Mansion Happy Meal toy he got. McDonald's here was out of them last week when he got a Happy Meal.

Before I picked up my son at the airport I went to Wal Mart. My parents are giving us a DVD/VCR Combo. I got one there and when we got home I wrapped it and put it under the tree. It's just not the same knowing what it is.

I also saw the ex-boyfriends BMW in the parking lot at Wal Mart. I need to post that story. But not tonight. I've got dishes to wash, teeth to brush and zzzzzzzzz's to catch.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home