Sunday, November 02, 2003

It Won't Keep Me Out Of The Water

Yesterday we went to Salt Pond. The water near the shore was kinda cloudy but my son I and went in and played ball. I only thought about the shark attack on the North Shore once while I was in the water. You don't usually see sharks at Salt Pond. It was closed once because of a shark sighting. You're more likely to see monk seals.

After the beach we went to Subway and McDonald's and took our food to Glass Beach to eat. It was starting to cloud over. We headed home and took showers and hung around the house for the rest of the day/night.

When I heard about the shark attack at work Friday afternoon I wondered who it was. When I heard who it was I was really surprised. Bethany Hamilton is a 13-year old surfer whose name I've heard on the radio numerous times. I've probably seen her at one of the beaches on the North Shore and not realized it was her. Seems like all the kids on the North Shore surf. This was a bad attack. She lost her left arm just below the shoulder. What a terrible thing to happen to someone so young. Her life will never be the same again. But she is a strong girl with a strong family and she'll come through this.

This morning I vacummed the house then took a shower. I'd like to get to the beach again today but the whole island seems to be under cloud cover. It hasn't rained but has the look that it may at any time.

I just looked out the kitchen window and there are black clouds over the mountains and I can see two waterfalls. I'm feeling kinda lazy so may just veg out in the house all day. I should get dressed, put on makeup, etc and run errands but I really don't feel like doing that. If we do head to the beach later I'd just have to take the makeup off.

When does life get ecxiting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home