Saturday, October 11, 2003

It's been awhile since I posted here. I've actually been watching tv instead of spending so much time on the computer. There are a few shows that I think I like so I've got to remember when they are on so I don't miss them. I kinda like the new Whoopie show and I've been watching CSI, ER, Boomtown, Law & Order CI and a couple others I can't remember.

Today is gloomy and overcast, definitely not a beach day. I've been laying around the house doing nothing. Haven't even set foot outside today.

Last weekend we drove to Salt Pond hoping it was sunny there but it was gray and rainy. So we headed back to Kapaa and as I was driving a thought about animal rescue popped into my head. I wondered where that came from. We ended up at Baby Beach where it was sunny. As I was applying sunscreen to my son I looked over towards the water and there was a big gray bird with a pointed beak and webbed feet on the sand. He was absolutely beautiful and seemed completely out of place. He was about the size of a Nene. A few minutes later he was about 5 feet in front on us and perched on a tree branch sticking out of the sand. A man w/ three kids with him came along and showed us a 1928 Liberty quarter he just found on the beach. I asked him if he knew what kind of bird it was. Said he had no idea and had only been here a few days. His kids were throwing things at the bird and I told them to stop. He asked if there was a shelter or something like that here and I told him there was a vet in Kapaa. Over the course of the next 2 hours the bird had moved farther down the beach. Then the Humane Society truck pulled up and a guy got out and caught the bird and put it in a dog cage in the back of the truck. I went over and asked him what kind of bird it was. He said an Australian Seabird and that it is an endangered species and lives at the Hanalei Wildlife Refuge. He said he was helping out the refuge and would take the bird to the shelter and it would be given food & water until someone from the refuge could pick it up on Monday. I was glad to see the bird rescued. I've been searching the internet trying to find out what kind of bird it is. I really don't think it is a seabird because it had webbed feet like a duck or goose. And it was about the same size as a big duck. Wish I could find out what it is. Next time I drive to Hanalei I'm going to stop at the lookout and see if the bird is pictured on the signs overlooking the refuge.

Work wasn't too bad this week. The boss that was out of town last week is back this week (bummer). Twice on Thursday she farted in the office, once when I was downwind of the fan. PU - she is so gross. I seriously have to think about replacing that job. She just grosses me out.

I have not seen a good looking man on this island since the "heartbreaker" left. I keep checking out guys and it's such a bummer that there isn't anyone I'm attracted to. I'm so picky when it comes to men and I'm just not attracted to that many men. I've been thinking about the "heartbreaker" constantly, wondering where he is now, what he's working on....... I really miss seeing him around. I wish I had never let him leave my house that night..........but it's history now. I really need a man in my life..............

I hope the weather improves tomorrow. I'd really like to get to the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home