Tuesday, September 02, 2003

This was cool over the weekend......as usual, we hit the beach all three days of this long weekend. On Sunday while sitting at a beach not far from our house I saw a turtle in the water. He stuck his head out of the water several times and I also saw the top of his shell. That was cool.

Then on Monday we went to Salt Pond. My son and I were in the water for about half an hour then I sat on the beach and he went back in the water and was hanging out with some people in the water. All of a sudden I heard someone yell Monk Seal! I looked up and a Hawaiian Monk Seal was swimming towards shore. Everyone bailed out of the water. It was a big one and it got close to shore then swam along the shore. I called for my son to get out of the water cuz the monk seal was getting close to him. He ran up onto the beach and the monk seal turned and swam the other way. Everyone on the beach was watching it. Then it went underwater and we didn't see it again. That was pretty exciting. I hadn't seen one for several months. Usually they come up on the beach to sleep for several hours before heading back out to sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home