Wednesday, August 06, 2003

96 degrees in the shade..........

Ok, it wasn't 96 but it was hot in paradise today. When I came home for lunch my house was like an oven. I turned on all the fans and that helped but someone was burning rubbish and the smell was all over. I can't believe the powers that be on this island allow garbage to be burned. True, there are no-burn days but we're selling paradise here. Do you think tourists want to come here to this beautiful green island and smell garbage burning? I don't think so. I know our landfill is filling up rapidly (it's jokingly called Kekaha Heights) but there has to be another way to get rid of trash rather than allowing residents to burn it. Anyway, moving on......

Heartbreaker spotted........

I think I saw the "heartbreaker" today after work. It looked like he was with one of the guys he works with (his boss?). I was sitting at a stoplight after picking up my mail at the PO and they drove by. It made me really sad to see him. It's better that I don't see him at all....it hurts a lot less. Damn this island for being so small and having one highway going around it. Inevitably you see several people you know on the road on a daily basis.

Chores are calling........then I'm heading to bed.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home