Sunday, July 27, 2003

The dream........

Ok, the ABS light in my car came on and stayed on. This has happened several times recently and I just turn the car off and start it again and it goes away. I cannot afford another problem with this car. I just spent gobs of money on new tires and new shocks/suspension a couple months ago and I cannot afford anything to go wrong ever again. The brakes better be okay. I love this car and don't think I'll ever be able to drive anything but another SUV or a truck so it better not have anything wrong with it. I never wanted a truck before moving here but now I do. I want a 4x4 I can take off road with the body jacked up. They are so cool and you get so much use from them here. I want to be able to drive on the soft sand (not just the hard sand) so I can pull right up at the beach, hop out and jump in the water. Lots of guys here have em and I want me one..........

We had a storm here Friday night, actually Saturday morning. It was so cool - the thunder woke me up about 1:30 am and there was lightning so I peeked out the window and it looked like it was over Hanalei side. It lasted most of the morning and when I got up Sat morning it had moved over to Lihue. There was still thunder and we saw some lightning out over the ocean as we drove to Koloa for the Plantation Days Parade. The weather was great for the parade, it was sunny so afterwards we came home, got our beach stuff and went to the beach at Salt Pond. It was high tide while we were there and not as calm as it usually is. Big waves were breaking on the outer reef and rolling onto the beach. It was pretty deserted until about 2 pm when more beachgoers arrived.

I don't know if we'll get to the beach today. I'd like to go for a dip and cool off but I may end up parking my lazy butt in front of the computer all afternoon or be a couch potato and fall asleep in front of the tv. We went to the beach both Friday and yesterday so I think I might relax today.

School starts tomorrow for my son and he's not looking forward to it. It'll be his last year and I'm not sure what he'll be doing after that. Gotta start planning something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home