Thursday, July 10, 2003

Okay, I just invented a job for myself.

Everytime I go grocery shopping I can't believe how lame the "courtesy clerks" are at packing the groceries. I mean, come on, why is the pizza sideways so that by the time I get home the frozen cheese has all slid to one side? Just put it in the bag horizontally - how hard is that? Huh? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

And don't put the peaches next to the juice in the big plastic bottle. Birdbrain!!! I didn't cherry pick my produce so you could not think with your non-existent brain that I would want them all bruised and smashed. I wasn't planning on making peach dacquiri's but come to think of it that doesn't sound bad.

Am I the only one with this pet peeve?

So - this job I just invented for myself is training "courtesy clerks" how to pack the groceries. I usually repack them anyway when I get to the car so why don't I just teach these people the proper way to pack em? And, with the turnover in "courtesy clerks" I would think this would be a full time job. Of course, I would do this as a "consultant" because I could charge the big buckeronies.

Anyway, now that I got that off my chest I can't believe tomorrow is Friday. It always seems that the week after a 3-day weekend just crawls along but this week has gone by very fast. I seem to have recovered from my muscle aching hike from last weekend and now there's talk of another hike. This time it's a short walk to a place called "Queen's Bath" once again on the north shore. As long as the surf isn't big.....people have been swept off the rocks there and drowned. We'll see how the weather is....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home