Tuesday, July 08, 2003

It was a fairly uneventful weekend. We went to the beach on both Friday and Saturday. As usual it was beautiful and the water was clear. My fireworks viewing consisted of listening to my neighbor set off stuff in the driveway. I barely even looked out the window. Sunday we drove all the way to the end of the road, Ke'e Beach, and hiked the Kalalau trail to Hanakapi'ai Beach. 2 miles in and 2 miles out. The trail was rocky, up and down, hot, windy and muddy. All at different times. The views of the Na Pali coast were not as impressive as I expected. I guess because I'm so used to seeing pictures of it. Once we got to the stream we climbed over the boulders to get to the beach. Swimming is very dangerous here as the water is very rough and the current strong. I let the waves wash over my legs. We mostly cooled off in the stream. It was fairly crowded with tourists who had hiked in and a few locals. The hike out was harder than the hike in, in my opinion. I won't be doing this hike again. But I'm glad I did it at least once. We started about 1 PM and got out about 7 PM. The muscles in the back of my legs are very sore.

That's the extent of my super exiciting weekend...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home