Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Okay - all together now...

I HATE MAC COMPUTERS. I HATE MAC COMPUTERS. I HATE MAC COMPUTERS. I HATE MAC COMPUTERS. I HATE MAC COMPUTERS.

I wanted to like it but it won't let me.

Number of times I dragged the spelling & grammer check icon and the envelopes icon to the toolbar: 5.

Number of times the icons were there next time I went into Word: 0

One more time...

I HATE MAC COMPUTERS. MAC COMPUTERS HATE ME. I HATE MAC COMPUTERS. MAC COMPUTERS HATE ME.

I know Windows. I like Windows. Ok, so you get those stupid general protection faults and invalid page faults. But, so what? I can live with that. I know Windows terminology. A shortcut is a shortcut. WTF is an alias? Why can't they standardize terminology across platforms? It sucks. It sucks big time.

Maybe my favorite job isn't my favorite job anymore.

Wow - I went to pick-up my son after work and they were watching the news. A helicopter crashed on Mt. Waialeale this morning and the pilot and 4 passengers were killed. One couple was celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary and the other couple was younger. Apparently the pilot had years and years of experience. I've always wanted to take a helicopter tour of Kauai but I'm kinda afraid of helicopters. My son's father is a pilot and when we were together we would fly from Oahu to the other islands. We flew to Maui once and picked up my sister and brother-in-law and flew to the Big Island for one of our best friends from high school wedding reception. We used to fly here to Kauai, land at the airstrip adjacent to the beach we go to now, go to the beach and fly back to Oahu. We flew to the Big Island another time(after stopping on Maui and spending the night because the weather turned on us) and stayed at a state cabin for the night then flew back to Oahu. But this was all in fixed wing aircraft (single & twin engine). I've never been in a helicopter and I don't think I ever want to be in one.

And there was a freak accident on the freeway on Oahu where a big box fell off a vehicle and caused the car behind it to swerve to avoid it which caused the car behind the swerving car to hit the swerving car which propelled it across the median where 3 police officers on motorcycles hit it. One policeman was killed and a 12 year old girl in the car was killed. The police officers & their motorcycles ended up in the bushes on the side of the road where sparks and god knows what caused a brush fire...............

I think I'll just lock my doors and hunker down........

It's not safe out there...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home