Wednesday, July 16, 2003

i am so psychic.....

just as i was about to step into the shower monday morning i had a thought - there's a centipede in the shower. and i said to myself, nah, don't be silly. so in i got and when i turned around and looked down there was a centipede in the shower. about 5 inches long and trying to crawl up the side of the tub.

this is not an unusual occurance in this house.

about a month ago i awoke to a burning sensation on the inside back of my right leg just above the knee. not quite fully awake i rubbed it several times and finally awoke enough to realize that it was still burning and i was still rubbing it and i better find out what the heck was going on.

so i turned the light on and looked at my leg and something had bitten me!

i thought maybe a spider so i pulled the covers off the bed and kind of shook them and didn't see anything. then out of the corner of my left eye i saw something crawling on the carpet - a centipede. the bugger who bit me no doubt. i have never, ever, in my whole life been bitten by a centipede before and i hope the heck to never get bitten again. my leg stung like i've never felt before. ok, so childbirth was definitely more painful but this was a different kind of pain.

so i grabbed one of my hiking boots and pounded that bugger to death. then i got some ice and wrapped it in a washcloth and held it on my leg for about two hours while i tried to sleep.

about two weeks later i opened the cabinet under the bathroom sink and there was a centipede crawling around in there. i emptied out the entire contents of the cabinet and smashed that sucker to death also.

but, back to the centipede in the shower. he got pounded to death also.

this is happening way too often. i must call the realty company and see if they can get the owner to spring for pest control to come out and spray.

in other news, challenges with the new mac at work continue. don't even ask me what i did but i know i'm responsible. the printer status is "stopped" and we can't figure out how to restart it. help is of no help. and system preferences doesn't even display a printer icon. wtf? rebooting didn't solve the problem. i want the pc back. at least i know windows....

i want to add comments to this blog so all 2-4 of you who read this can communicate with me.......problem is i have no clue how to do it. i tried a few days ago and only succeded in screwing it up so i took it out. i'll try again before my pride bites the dust and i ask for help.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home