Saturday, August 02, 2003

Quiet as a mouse......

There's a mouse living under the cupboards in my kitchen. I first saw it about a year ago. My sister was here visiting. I saw a blur along the floor. What the hell was that I asked my sister. She didn't see it. I had noticed that something was gnawing on the bananas in the bowl on the counter. And that might explain why I was finding partially eaten dry cat food in the corner of the kitchen along the wall where the cat food was. Then I started seeing it more and more. Running along the counter when I turned the lights on late at night, scampering behind the oven when I walked in the kitchen.....

I have a theory as to how the mouse got in the house. My frig had been acting up and I ran into my neighbors at Sears one day. They were buying a new frig. They asked me if I wanted their old one - a side-by-side. So I said sure cuz mine was tempermental about freezing. I think the mouse hitched a ride in on their old frig.

I don't have the heart to bait and set a mousetrap. I have no problem smacking spiders, centipedes, roaches, flies, etc. But when it come to something bigger than that I just can't kill it. You would think the cat would have hunted it down by now. But he's too well fed or too lazy or both to bother with it. I'll have to find a humane way to trap it and then release it somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home