Saturday, September 06, 2003

It's amazing how companies stay in business.....

With the state of customer service today it's truly amazing how companies stay in business.

I'm extremely upset with my cable tv service provider. They recently upgraded the entire island to digital and they've been advertising the fact no end. So I called them on Wednesday to see how much more it costs to upgrade to digital. It's not that much more so I decided to go for it. I had a very pleasant conversation with the cable customer service rep on the phone. I inquired as to what the hours were for the office on this island and she told me. As their hours are not compatible with my working hours I decided to take advantage of their Saturday hours.

So this morning I unhooked my cable box and drove to their office to exchange it for a digital box. We walk in the office and right away I knew there was a problem. There's a sign taped to a tv that say they are out of digital boxes. So I wait patiently while the gentleman in front of me gets his new digital box tested. Then it's my turn. I tell them that I came in to exchange my cable box for a digital one but see that the sign says they are out. I inquire as to how long they've been out. About 3 weeks. I ask why they don't tell people that on the phone? A guy sitting off to the side says because the call goes to Honolulu. He goes on to say that Honolulu is aware of the fact that they are out of digital boxes but isn't very good about passing that information on. I respond that it might be a good idea and very helpful if in fact they do pass that info on. So.......they'll be calling me when a box is available.

Unbelievable! If they had told me on the phone that no digital boxes were available on my island and put me on the list to be called for when they do come in they could have saved me making a special trip on my day off using up gas I could have used for a legitimate reason.

Hey, Oceanic Time-Warner Cable.....get a clue!

And they lost money on me. I wanted to see a pay-per-view movie tonight. But now you can only get pay-per-view if you have a digital box.

Otherwise I had a very pleasant day at the beach with my son. The water was great. Not too cold. I think my lips got sunburned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home