Sunday, January 04, 2004

Happy Birthday To Me.....

Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone but today's my birthday. I'm now officially counting backwards.

But I do have a craving for some cake. Guess I'll have to eat the ex-boyfriends goodies that are still in the frig. He never did return my message which leads me to believe he never got it.......

We've been to the beach three out of the last four days. New Years Day we went to Salt Pond with my friend. Her daughter and grandsons are visiting from Washington state. Her son-in-law has been in Iraq since before Thanksgiving so as their Christmas present she brought them to Kauai. They leave in a few days but have been here for almost three weeks.

Yesterday we went to Baby Beach and today we went to Salt Pond then Glass Beach.

Just as we were walking onto glass beach I noticed a monk seal sleeping on the sand. We put our stuff down and I turned around and a tourist had just thrown a small stick at the monk seal. Then he threw another one, hitting the monk seal on the back. The monk seal looked up to see what hit it.

I walked over the to the man and told him what he was doing was against the law. That monk seals are an endangered species and you need to stay 100 feet away from them. He said he just wanted to see if it was alive and that "it's alright". I told him it was not alright and not to do it again. He and his wife wandered to the other end of the beach and set their stuff up there.

How stupid are people?

I can't believe he was throwing things at the seal. Why are people such assholes?

But I did get his license plate number. Just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home