Thursday, December 25, 2003

A Great Christmas.....

It's been a great Christmas!

I played Santa at 3:20 this morning and put my son's presents under the tree. He woke me up about 7:30 am to tell me Santa had been here.

We sat by the tree and opened presents. He was really excited to get the Pirates of the Caribbean dvd from his grandparents. I gave him the Indiana Jones dvd box set and the soundtrack from Spy Kids 3D and a Pokeman trading card game. Several weeks ago he got his BIG present from me - a new tv for his bedroom (the one he had died). He also got money from his aunt & uncle and grandparents. No doubt we will be at WalMart this weekend buying videos.

Then we ate breakfast and I took a shower. I put the new dvd/vcr player we got from my parents in his room. He started to watch Pirates then switched to Indiana Jones.

Then we got ready to head to the beach. We went to Salt Pond and it was crowded. Lots of other people decided to spend Christmas at the beach also. It was incredibly beautiful. Sunny the whole time. A monk seal was sleeping on the sand at the other end of the beach. Lots of people snorkeling and swimming. We stayed about 3 1/2 hours.

We both spoke with my sister and her husband on Maui this morning and I called my parents on Oahu to wish them Merry Christmas.

It was a very mellow Christmas. Undoubtably one of the best I've ever had.

But I'm glad it's almost over. It was a lot a work and last minute baking and wrapping.

I'm glad I turned down two invitations to spend Christmas with friends. I thanked each of them and explained that all year I've been planning to spend Christmas with just my son and that was what I was going to do.

And it was worth every minute.

Not too long ago my son came out of this bedroom and thanked me for a great Christmas.

Now I'm ready for New Years.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home