Sunday, October 24, 2004

The Lost Post........

I'm so bored I just remembered the post that blogger ate......

Last Wednesday I was almost a statistic.......I had just left work and was driving down the road approaching a curve when a truck appeared heading in my direction. In my lane. I started to brake and veer to the right. In my mind I could see the aftermath of the head on collision.

Would I survive? Would I be able to walk? Would there be a fire? Would I be able to get my seat belt off? Who would come to my funeral?

Then the truck cut back into it's own lane between a car and another truck. I glanced down at the road and realized the driver had crossed a double yellow solid line. Then I glanced in my rear view mirror and the truck had crossed over the double yellow solid line again to pass the car in front of it. Surprisingly I was very calm for having just escaped death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home