Tuesday, August 24, 2004

This Is About Absolutely Nothing In Particular.....

My weekend was the same old, same old.....beach both days. Sunday we went to Maha'ulepu. The mom & baby monk seal moved to the other side of the beach so the good swimming spot was accessible again. About the fourth time we went swimming I turned around to look back at the beach and a lady near our spot was standing and pointing at the ocean. I looked out and couldn't see anything. I looked back at the beach and more people were standing up and looking out at the ocean. I turned around in the water again and stood up and saw what looked like a fin sticking up out of the water. I backed out of the water up to about my knees and watched the "fin" surface and then disappear. Several other people in the water bailed back up on shore. I told my son to get out of the water and pointed to what everyone was watching. I continued to watch and it didn't really look like a fin but something was obviously in the water.

As it got closer we could see that there were two of them swimming slowly towards shore. We were finally able to make out what they were - either stingrays or mantarays. They both had dark colored tops and I'm not sure which they were. By this time a guy had put on his snorkel & mask and was following about 20 feet behind them. They slowly continued to cruise about 25 feet offshore and then disappeared.

The ex-boyfriend continues to call me from jail. The week my sister was here I ignored the calls. I ignored them the following week also but decided to finally pick up last week. His trial started yesterday. The jury was selected and testimony started and ended today. He's expecting a verdict tomorrow. He has another trial starting next week.

I'm continuing to work adjusted hours to accommodate my sons new schedule. Whether I'll be able to pay rent and bills at the end of the month is not known. I called the DOH today to find out the status of getting my son a PA who can pick him up in the afternoon and do "stuff" with him. He can't have a PA until Honolulu approves his Medicaid Waiver application. And all this time I thought his application had already been sent to Honolulu. Turns out it's only been approved by the DHS on Kauai, returned to the DOH on Kauai and has to be sent to Honolulu. I could bitch, rant and rave about how slow the state is in processing any and everything but I'm trying to keep my stress level down.

Is it just on Kauai or does it seem like no one is qualified to do their job anymore?

Last, but not least, I'm seriously considering getting a tattoo. I don't know what of or where but I kinda like the idea. The heartbreaker has a scorpion tattooed on his right leg. One of my old boyfriends had a tiger tattooed on the inside of his arm.

Any suggestions?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home