Saturday, August 14, 2004

You Can Pick Your Friends But Not Your Family....

So my sister was here for a week the first week in August. Have you ever wondered how two people can have the same parents and be so different?

I honestly think my sister is from another world. We are so different. She makes no effort whatsoever to improve her appearance. I wouldn't leave the house looking the way she does. She has a laugh like a witches cackle. And she talks with her hands in constant motion. I wanted to ask her to sit on her hands when she engaged her mouth. Or handcuff them behind her back. And she has this big ugly backpack that she took everywhere with her. Even in the car she kept it between her feet. Didn't want to put it in the back. I don't know what she had in there but she wanted to keep it next to her all the time.

And she talked to her husband at least twice a day. You'd think she'd be happy to have a break from the guy. One of their conversations consisted of them yelling at each other because he couldn't figure out how to set the clock on the microwave after the power went off one day. Geez, RTFM.

And she cooked him a weeks worth of dinners and froze them before she left to come here. And then each night had to tell him how to defrost them.

I guess that's why I'm not married.

I need a man who can cook, clean, fix stuff, read a map, set an alarm, walk by himself & chew gum at the same time, wipe his own ass, etc.

Anyway, it sure was nice to have my house back to myself and not have anyone challenge how or why I do stuff the way I do.

It was almost as bad as having my mother here...........

In good news my son has adjusted quite well to his new day program. Just to prove how small this island is, one of the aides there recognized us from the beach at Salt Pond. I thought he looked kinda familiar but couldn't place where I'd seen him. My second thought was that we need to find another beach to go to. But we won't because we like Salt Pond too much.

Which is where we went to the beach today. Then we went for a walk at Pakala's. It was so hot and I was tired so we cut short the walk and came home. My exciting evening has consisted of watching tv and then watching Stumpy and another gecko fight on the wall above the computer desk. Earlier I watched a big gecko chase a little gecko across the wall. Ah, the single life...........


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home