Sunday, July 18, 2004

I've Tried To Remain Calm.....
 
So here's the story on finding someplace for my son so I can go to work.  Last week I had to juggle job #1 and job #2 because my son had no place to go on Thursday and Friday.
 
So on Thursday I took my son with me to work for 4 hours.  It worked out ok.  He watched videos and one cat hung out on the couch with him.  The other cat, who's afraid of his shadow, dove under the bed and never came out, even to eat (cuz I feed the cats when she's away).  After we came home and ate I called the DOH and talked to the case worker about the status of my son getting into the day program.  This guy is nice but I don't think he's qualified for his job.  You see, my son needs to get a psych eval before he can get approved for the program.  Only they don't mention that until 2 months after the application is signed.  And then I find out there isn't anyone on Kauai who can do it.  We have to wait until July or August (I was told this in June) when the Dr. visits Kauai.  So then in another phone call I'm told they are trying to find funds somewhere else so my son can get in the day program until the eval is done and he's approved for funding.  And I've explained to them that if I cannot work because my son has no place to go that I don't get paid, therefore bills don't get paid, food cannot be bought, rent not paid, etc., etc.  So the outcome of Thursday's phone call is that someone will call me back that day or the next.
 
Friday we did the same thing and my son was fine for about 2.5 hours.  Then he got bored.  Only 1.5 hours to go.  So after work we came home, ate and headed for the beach.
 
Now I'm entering panic mode because no one has called me back and I only have someplace to send my son Monday thru Wednesday this week.  I don't have the $ to pay someone to stay with him while I work.  I can't leave him with a total stranger because I don't trust people.  I have to either call my parents and ask if he can visit them (BUT I DON'T KNOW FOR HOW LONG) or call my sister and ask if she can come to Kauai and help me out (BUT I DON'T KNOW FOR HOW LONG).  I would prefer he visit my parents cuz I don't really have room here for anyone.  I know my mom is going to suggest that my dad come over here.  We've done that before when the teachers went on strike but as much as I love my dad he just gets in the way.
 
So........panic mode sets in.....I hate having to ask for help because that's just the way I am.  I hate to inconvenience people and like to take care of things myself.  So I have three days to make a plan and put it in motion.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home