Sunday, July 25, 2004

Taking It Day By Day.....
 
I'm still in a holding pattern with the DOH about getting my son into the ARC day program.  I've been talking to his case manager every day and as nice as the guy is he just doesn't have the answers.  I finally told him last week that one of the reasons I'm so frustrated is because everyone has know for the last three years that he would be graduating in June 04 and I don't understand why this whole process has taken so long.  I've had to rearrange my work schedule, take time off work (which translates to no pay) and find someone who's available during the day for my son to stay with.  I asked his case manager when the application was submitted to DHS because it's been five months since we met for his ISP, three months since he signed the application and one and a half months since they said he needed a psych eval.  He evaded that question by mumbling his way through the conversation and mentioning something about medical records being submitted.  Well that form was mailed back to him on 5/12.  So much for a seamless transition.  Can anyone say bureaucratic red tape?
 
So.....I traded in 10,000 miles and my son is going to visit his grandparents on Oahu for a week.  After that I have no idea what I'm going to do.
 
And......I just figured out that after I pay rent for August ($250 more because of the increase) and pay $250 to bring the deposit up to the new monthly rent amount I will have $8.53 left for the next two weeks.  How do I pay my credit card bills, car insurance and the phone bill which are all due before I get paid again in mid-August?  And I haven't even mentioned gas for my car, food to eat, etc.
 
This is extremely depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home