Saturday, May 15, 2004

A Very Blah Day....

I had my fingers crossed that the weather would be nice this weekend but the weather forecasters were pretty much on target and the entire day has been overcast, dreary and at times rainy. So, I've spent the whole day indoors in my bathrobe. I did get some cleaning done and I did get to take a short nap. And I did balance all three of my checking accounts. So the day wasn't entirely wasted. Did I mention that I cleaned one fan and scrubbed the kitchen sink?

I really do like spring and summer but I don't like the bugs that come with them. I'm talking termites, roaches, geckos, etc. When it gets really dry I get centipedes in the house. The other night I was awakened by the sound of roach flying across my bedroom and landing on the wall. Then I heard another one. This was at 12:45 AM. So I get the flashlight to check it out. I turned on the overhead light and spot one of the roaches on the wall up by the ceiling. I grab a slipper from the closet and throw some wadded up paper from the trashcan at it to try and get it closer so I can kill it with the slipper. It finally runs down the wall, I try to smack it with the slipper and it escapes into the hallway. I closed my bedroom door and got back in bed. I'd rather sleep than chase the damn thing around trying to kill it.

Why Are Property Managers Such Assholes?

It's been three weeks since a friend of the couple in the studio backed into and knocked down the post with the mailboxes on it. No one has attempted to fix it. The neighbor that lives in the back house asked me the other day if I had called the police yet to report it. I told her I hadn't but probably would this week. Instead I decided to call the property manager to let him know that nothing had been done yet by either the guy that hit it or the couple in the studio. Before I could finish telling the property manager the status of the situation he was yelling at me on the phone. So I said excuse me? He yelled at me some more. So I responded that maybe I had caught him at a bad time. He pretty much reamed out my ass. So I told him that I would call the police and that he could deal with either them or the insurance company of the guy that hit it. As soon as I hung up the phone rang and I could tell by caller id that it was him calling back. I just let it ring. He called back again and again I just let it ring.

Fuck him. He's an asshole and there is no reason under the sun for him to yell at me that way. Never would be too soon to ever talk to him again. How the heck can his behavior be tolerated by the company he works for?

Guess what? Today the guy that lives in the studio was out repairing the mailbox post. I wonder why?

The Ex-Boyfriend.....

Continues to call me from jail. He hasn't made bail yet. And he continues to tell lies. No surprise. He previously told me his mom had $1500 for a van he sold that she was holding to be used towards his bail. Now he says she doesn't have the money yet. He sold the van but hasn't been paid for it. He also asked me if I could loan him some money for his bail. Told him I have no money. Which is true. But even if I did I wouldn't loan it to him. I'd never see it again. And.........I think he's guilty of the crimes he's charged with. So he can cool his heels in jail until his trial and maybe even after that.

Oh, One Last Thing......

I don't care if she is from Hawaii, Jasmine sucked on American Idol. Ok, ok, she sings better than me. No doubt about that. But, geez people, don't vote for someone just because they live where you live. Vote for them because they are the most talented. And we all know the most talented have already been voted off. When I saw that lady on the news that said she voted for Jasmine 500 times I wanted to reach into the tv and slap her. For Christs Sake.......what is the world coming to?

What's That Smell?

On Wednesday I got take-out from the mexican restaurant near the jewelry store. Later that night I was reminded why beans are called the musical fruit........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home