Wednesday, December 15, 2004



This is the view of the Makaleha mountains looking north from my driveway. (I cheated - I had to look on a map to find the name of this mountain range. If I was still living on Oahu I could say the Koolau's or the Waianae mountain range without even having to think about it).

Because I was born & raised on Oahu I'm used to directions like ewa, diamond head, mauka & makai. When I first moved to Kauai I had no idea which way was east, west, north or south. I was totally discombobulated. After 5 years of being here I've gotten oriented. I can say westbound, eastbound, etc. But it still seems weird. Sometimes I want to say going ewa on Kuhio Hwy. Only no one here would understand what I meant. Cause there's no place called Ewa on Kauai. In a way it's like being on the mainland. And with the number of haoles on this island sometimes I think I am on the mainland. (Even though I'm haole, I gotta remind you people, BIG difference between mainland haole & local haole).

So, anyway, the camera phone is the coolest. I wonder how night photos would look. Cuz it has a flash so I'll have to take some night pictures and see how they come out.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home