Monday, October 02, 2006


The Jeweler's Prayer.....

That's when you're down on all fours looking for a loose stone on the floor. It's what I was doing last Friday. I was putting a diamond into a file-a-gem holder and sliding it into the plastic cover when the diamond popped out, hit the floor mat under my chair and bounced to who knows where. So I grabbed a flashlight from my drawer and started looking for the diamond. Without any luck. Drat. It was a diamond we had a memo from a supplier.

I did find two tanzanite beads and a pearl that must have escaped from my predecessor. I was just about to ask for help when I decided to look a little deeper under my desk. Bingo! There it was. So I got it seated properly in the holder and slid the cover over it. Whew!

At least it wasn't as big as the diamond that one of my bosses lost last year when they were cleaning a ring. That was a 3/4 carat. That belonged to a customer. We had to replace that one. We searched high and low for that bugger. We even went through the trash can that was nearby. Then one day last week the steamer broke and my boss took it apart and guess what was inside? Yup, the diamond. We had even sent the steamer to Honolulu for repair last year when it broke down. When it was sent back it accidently went to Maui instead. It finally made it back to us. So the lost diamond had been inside the whole time and traveled from Kauai to Oahu to Maui and finally back to Kauai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home