Wednesday, August 02, 2006



R.I.P Nina

Nina, my neighbor's cat, passed away yesterday.

She was a real sweetheart. Not the smartest cat in the hood, but what she lacked in common sense she made up for in personality.

Sometimes she would be asleep curled around a planter next to my front door. Sometimes she would be perched on the roof of my car or under the car. Sometimes late at night when I took the garbage out she would come running towards me. Whenever you reached out to pet her she would roll around on and rub on the driveway just out of your reach.

Yesterday morning as they were leaving to take their kids to school they found her lying in the middle of the road in front of the driveway. She hadn't been hit by a car. Her body was stiff, her eyes were open and her jaw was clenched shut. Just the night before she had been under my kitchen window meowing. I went out to see what cat it was and she was prancing around the driveway. Her sister was perched under my car.

I miss you Nina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home