Friday, June 17, 2005

Lack of posting......

is due to having a boring life. Most of my life consists of work, running errands, sleeping, eating, going to the beach, and.....and that's about it.

Last weekend after the beach we intended to go for a walk at Pakala's but there was a south swell and lots of cars parked on both sides of the road so we just kept driving and ended up driving up to Koke'e. It's been a couple years since we were up there. It was late afternoon and the weather was clear and sunny with a few clouds floating in the sky. The thimbleberries are not quite ripe for picking. I'd say another week and they should be ready. It was several degrees cooler at this elevation which felt good after being at the beach. Here's a shot I took with my cameraphone:



The company I used to work for has the lease on a cabin off one of the dirt roads near Koke'e Lodge and when I still worked for them I stayed at the cabin 3 or 4 times. It was rustic but hardly a cabin. 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, dining/living room with huge stone fireplace with doors on either side that opened onto the yard that sloped down to a stream. Really a beautiful atmosphere and peaceful and quiet. Once when I was there the ginger was blooming and I cut several stalks of flowers and put them in a huge vase in the bedroom. There was also what I think was a yellow iris blooming near the stream. And beautiful blue hydrangeas along one side of the house. One day I'd like to rent one of the state cabins for the weekend. Back in 1959 we (my mom, sister, grandmother, grandfather and I) stayed up at Koke'e for two weeks in two different cabins. We barged our station wagon over from Oahu. Hurricane Dot hit Kauai while we were up there and because of downed trees on the road it was a couple days before we could drive down the mountain. I don't remember too much of the actual hurricane but do remember lots of driftwood at Kekaha beach afterwards.

So, back to reality. I've been home all day with my son who is sick. He's had a fever since Monday night and started throwing up about 12:30 am Wednesday morning. I took him to work with me on Wednesday for half a day because I had to do payables and since the owner who usually does payroll was on vacation I had to do payroll also. He seemed better on Thursday so he went to his day program and I worked all day. But this morning he threw up in the car so we turned around and came home. I've got cabin fever. If it wasn't for the internet I would be totally crazy. Tomorrow we have to get out of the house or I will be a complete basket case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home