Saturday, December 29, 2007



Pictures from Christmas on the Big Island
On the road to our rental
Our rental on Beach Road

The view from the front yard


Plant growing in the lava between the yard and the ocean


The Volcano House


Inside the Thurson Lava Tube
(It was drippy with puddles on the ground)


Fern forest outside the lave tube



Getting our dose of sulphur


Fern growing in the lava


Keanakako'i Crater


Halema'uma'u Crater in the Kilauea Caldera


Lei offering at Halema'uma'u


Halema'uma'u Crater


The cat that visited us every day at the house

Double rainbow on Christmas day

Hilo Bay from Coconut Island

Snow on Mauna Kea

The weather every day was windy, wet, rainy, drippy and cold with only patches of sunshine. We didn't see any whales, turtles or dolphins in the ocean. The waves pounded on the lava cliffs constantly. It sounded like thunder at night. I never want to vacation with my family again.
Each one of us has our own special needs - my mom uses a walker, my dad needs to be near a bathroom 24/7, my brother-in-law is a pain in the ass and spent all his time alternating between eating and sleeping. I got in a big blowout with my sister on Christmas day because I was tired of hearing she and her husband bicker constantly. She got totally pissed off and wasn't talking to me for awhile. Then when we got to the Hilo airport for our flights home she discovered she had lost her drivers license and went on a huge tirade about that. I'm the only normal one in the bunch. Even with all that I had a wonderful time but the next time I travel it will be only with my son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home