Monday, November 14, 2005

Free Slippers....

(or, as Kris would correct me, slippahs)



What I love about walking on Pakala's (aside from the fact that it's deserted and beautiful) is all the stuff you find washed up on the beach. Friday we found a pair of rubber slippers. I tried them on. A perfect fit. They now reside on the mat outside my front door.

We also found a boogie board. We dragged it farther up the beach so it wouldn't wash back out to sea. It was still there on Sunday so we carried it to the path and left it there. We already have boogie boards. No need to be greedy. Someone will happen upon it and take it home.

Another thing we found on Sunday was one of those one time use underwater cameras. I took a picture with it but the film wouldn't advance so we left it on a picnic table that's on the old Robinson property. It must have fallen off one of the Na Pali tour boats. There were already 18 exposures so someone will be bummed they lost it.

Other things we have happened upon on the beach are golf balls, shells (obviously), single slippers, old tires, fishing floats and lots and lots of driftwood.

My all time favorite find was a plastic bag with a candy bar and bottle of water in it. I ate the candy bar and used the water to wash my feet off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home