Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Blogapathy.....

I haven't been posting much lately. Mainly because my life consists of routine - wake up, go work, run errands, go home, eat, sleep, etc. The only variety in my life is if something out of the ordinary happens. Like last Friday...

I knew something was up when my car was driving weird. And I didn't find out what it was until I parked at work and saw that my left rear tire was completely flat. Ugh. Now what? So I called Roadside Assistance and they came and put the spare on.

Then when I was driving home for lunch I had the windows down but it was hella hot so I decided to put the AC on. Only when I pushed the up button for the driver's side window nothing happened. Great I thought. What next? I kept trying it all the way home but nothing happened. So I eat lunch and drive to work. I'm still trying the up/down button for the window and nothing is happening. How am I going to secure my car in the parking lot? There's been a problem with break-ins and with a window wide open for sure someone will rip me off. So I turn the engine off and think I can get a plastic bag from work and secure that over the window. I try the button one more time and the window glides up. Thank you Jesus! It's been working fine since. But I'm thinking I should get it checked soon.

So, back to the flat tire. First thing Saturday morning we go to Sears to get the tire fixed. Only, no can fix because get one big piece metal stuck in the tire. But, being the good Girl Scout that I once was, I was prepared. I had my whole "car" file with me. So I whipped out my last receipt for a tire purchased at Sears and am I glad I did. Even tho it was purchased 1.25 years ago they gave me credit on it. We're talking a $200 Michelin tire. I got the new tire for $53. Throw in the road hazard package and the grand total was $72. I was a happy camper.

So my car is becoming a money pit. I've spent over $670 since mid May fixing this and fixing that. And I have an estimate for $500 and change to replace the AC Evaporater. And it needs servicing. But I only have so much credit. Next year it will be 10 years old. It's gotta last. With my rent increase effective August there's no way I can even consider purchasing another not so old car.

But we managed to have a good beach weekend. Saturday we went to Salt Pond and Sunday we went to Maha'ulepu then to Pakala's to look for shells. Came across a couple big crabs that were acting kinda weird like they were sick or something. We did find a few shells and had a nice long walk on the deserted beach.

Then it was Monday again and back to our routine......

1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM , Blogger stinkerbelle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home